Minneapolis Alumnae Chapter History

Founded on January 1, 1894, the Minneapolis Alumnae Chapter was the second official alumnae chapter to ever exist, and is currently the oldest continuously operating alumnae chapter.

In 1903, we hosted the 17th bi-annual Grand Convention at the West Hotel in downtown Minneapolis with 95 Theta collegians and alumnae. There were only twenty-three collegian chapters at the time, and during the event, the KAO Endowment Fund was established.

Since then, we have sent our chapter presidents to every grand convention, and continue to benefit the Minneapolis community through volunteering and philanthropic efforts.